Tuesday, April 7, 2009

THE LOST CORD


Somewhere in former years
When I was about thirteen years old),
I came across a passage that went something like this:

I found the lost cord and it rose to heaven
Like the sound of a GREAT AMEN.
On some level I have been seeking that lost cord.
The GREAT AMEN dangled before me,
But never close enough to grasp.

This image quickened my senses
For heavenly signals and signs:
Amid upheavals, earthly anxieties and perceived helplessness.

I discovered that such things are numbered among the guideposts on life's journey.
They are a challenge to conquer
With detours and road maps to show the way.

The are a plan for closer contact with the GREAT.
AMEN

1 comment:

LOIS HEENEY BAJOR said...

Lovely stuff. Poets have been responding to each others writing forever. Very classical in nature.

So glad you finally got your blog functioning.
Lois B.